HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/1/14

Cutting off the Split Ends...Friday

August 1, 2014 

I got quite a dramatic haircut change yesterday.  I just decided that I needed to go short, at least for the remainder of the hot weather; being a woman my age the hot flashes have been quite often and unpleasant.  If I can at least make them a little more tolerable I am all for it.  So, I bit the bullet and paid the price to go to a darling young lady near work.  I loved her, and I love my new hair style.  First of all it is off the back of my neck, and the next amazing bonus is that it is so easy and fun!  Yay, all the way around!!

As I was watching my hair that had been cut being swept away with the broom, it sparked an analogy in my head about how we need to cut off the brittle split ends of our lives, how hanging on to the brokenness in our hearts causes us to feel lonely, sad, brittle and broken ourselves.  I know that I hang onto ugly things for way too long.

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander 
be put away from you, along with all malice.  Be kind to one another, 
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:31-32
 (ESV)


So, as my old split end hairs are being swept away, I am thinking that I need to do the same with my internal split ends that have been dragging down my heart.  My hair now feels so much lighter and freer and perky.  Not being flat and sad.  It has a new start to be free of the ends that were pulling it in the wrong direction, lugging me down with it, making me feel like I am really a bummer with no bounce to it.  Well, my beloved readers, I can do the same with my split up heart.  I can’t take scissors and a razor to cut them off, but I can do something much easier and that is that I can give my heart to Jesus.  He has already and will continue to heal all those split ends and brittle chunks of hurt caused from this broken world.  After I give my brittleness to God, I now walk with a sweet little bounce, sure, I have clumsy slips along the way, and may even have a fall or two, but, He will never leave my side, and He will even carry me if necessary.  Thank you for that, my heavenly Father, thank you for giving me a new style that I can be proud of and wear with happiness! 

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns





No comments:

Post a Comment