HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/8/15

'FRIENDS"...Tuesday

6/9/15

Truly great friends are hard to find,
Difficult to to leave,
And impossible to forget.

I received an email today about the importance of friends. It was interesting, because I had just been thinking about the role we play in the lives of our friends and the role they play in our lives. We are blessed if we have friends that we can count on and we also become someone who can be depended upon. I am blessed with many friends. I have a friend that I have known for over sixty five years. My college roommate and I are in contact after fifty years. Every where I have lived has brought me special friends that I love in spite of the fact that we do not see each other often.

I have lived in my present town for thirty eight years. During that time I have made numerous friends. Some were friends who fulfilled a momentary role in my life. Others have become friends for a lifetime. I feel blessed by God to have friends in my life who are substantial Women of God. I often look at myself in the light of the fact that they are so gifted by the Lord with so many insights and spiritual understandings and wonder how I have made such awesome friends.

Then I tell myself that I have something to offer. My gifts include faith in and love of God, compassion, hospitality, and willingness to come along side. These are the gifts from God that I offer to friends. They, in turn, have different spiritual giftings that lift me up.

I know that the One I must rely on is God. He is my source in times of need. Still I believe that the "sisters" he has brought into my life are an important part of His plan for my life.

In the email I mentioned there was a list of the attributes of friends who are like sisters...


"Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how
many miles are between you. A girl friend is never 
farther away than needing her can reach. 
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you
have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on
your behalf, and waiting with open  arms at the
alley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you....Or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters,
daughters-in-law,  sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers,
Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended
family: all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and
neither would I.. When we began this adventure called
womanhood, we had no idea of the  incredible joys or
sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we
would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still.
And God in His infinite love and wisdom
has given us friends who are His hands and heart.

Written by
Corinne Mustafa


1 comment:

  1. Rose I was trying to reply on your comment and I actually deleted it. I was saying that I too am blessed by our friendship,

    ReplyDelete