HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/18/15

The Lord is my Strength...Frida

June 19, 2015

I am not in much of a spot to write a devotional today, so my most encouraging words will come from the bible.  It has been a tough week for me emotionally.  I have never felt so alone and afraid in my life.  I was really hurt by a human that I thought was a true friend.  The betrayal was over me sticking to my morals.  He had other earthly needs apparently and went elsewhere to get them.  I know that is for the best and I will carry on a better person for it, but, at the moment I am so hurt, and truly can only read the scriptures for my hope and strength to carry on.

 “The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:2
(NIV)


Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.
1 Chronicles 16:11
(NIV)


 This is what the Lord says: 
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
    who draws strength from mere flesh
    and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
Jeremiah 17:5
 (NIV) 


With that being said….I take my hurt and pain and turn it into trust to gain strength from the Lord, who has my heart anyway, because the reality of this situation is that He is just protecting me after all.

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns

                                                    

3 comments:

  1. Can it be that there is any person on earth who has not had to through debilitating disappointment with regards to the disappoint behavior of another in their life. It could be abuse, lying, or a long list of other actions. Kelly Dobyns is sharing one of her disappointments and how she is trying to trust in Him. The song at the end of the devotional is an amazing one and a perfect choice to spotlight the theme. Please be sure to listen to the song.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    I am so sorry that you have been hurt. You are such a wonderful writer and a delight to be with! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. As I read your work, Proverbs 31 called me, so I add verses 29-31 for you.

    “Many women do noble things,but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done,and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

    Thank you for reminding all of us to turn to Jesus for strenght at all times, in every situation. I pray that you are blessed with a friendship worthy of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kelly, for being vulnerable and sharing your heart. When we are betrayed by others it is easy to become bitter, angry or filled with indignation. Our pain can color our perspective with negativity, but you have chosen the right way, giving your pain to God. I pray you will know the comfort of your heavenly Father. Deut. 33: 27 says, "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." He is holding on to you with gentle, strong arms that will protect you and never let you go.

    ReplyDelete