HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/4/15

Moving On...Friday

June 5, 2015

  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
 (NIV)

There comes a time when you just know you have to move on.  I have been contemplating this idea for a few years now…something always gets in the way of following through with it….mostly the thoughts in my mind that convince me I just can’t do it.  Fear, worry, lack of confidence, laziness, self-pity, loyalty. You name it, and I had it going around in my head as a stopping point for my moving forward.  So my focus today is to stop the stagnation!!  My first step is by looking up….looking up to God and asking Him to take away my worry.  I create all these scenarios in my head of what MIGHT happen.  I need to turn away these thoughts as soon as they come into my head.  Give them to God, and don’t even give them a chance to come into my little brain….and I will continue to do so daily.

 Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6
 (NIV)
 

Change is very hard for me, but, with continual prayer and my faith in God, I know that I will be okay….better than okay.  He doesn't want me to be moping around unhappy, just existing in this life.  He has a much better plan for me, and I am ready.  I don’t know what that will be, or where I am going, but, what I do know for sure is that God loves me and at this moment right now I am willing and ready!


 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:29-31
 (NIV)
Written by               
Kelly Dobyns



2 comments:

  1. We tend to loose track of the fact that God has our back when we face making changes. We need to remember that He will guide us if we only ask Him to in prayer. In order to move into the wonders that God has for us we must take His hand and trust Him.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, this is written with honesty about our fears and worries. We do know that God is always with us, but we are easily discouraged. Our emotions a lot of time don't allow us to be set free and release them to God. Once we are able to do this truly, we experience such freedom in our spirit that it is difficult to explain. God bless you sister.

    ReplyDelete