HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/7/15

Waffles and Spaghetti....Monday

When I was young I would pour the syrup over my waffle as slowly as possible trying to get just a drop in each little square. Actually, I still try to do that! I like to organize things in my life. It makes it easier to deal with things. There's work things, family stuff, relative issues, health, money, the list goes on.
Image result for waffle and spaghetti

Today I heard a description of our lives that was so clear and simple I haven't stopped thinking about it. The pastor preached that while many of us tend to think of our lives in categories, like the waffle- a square for each thing, all of the areas of our lives are actually mixed together, overlapping, inter-twined, twisted together, like a plate of spaghetti. 

I thought the plate of spaghetti looked like a very messy way to live, but then he continued to describe where God is in our plate of spaghetti. He is the main ingredient in the noodles, He is the core of who we are. What a beautiful way to look at the heap of pasta that is my life, as having God in the very midst of every part. 

Immediately I felt peace settle down over my shoulders as I realized how very thorough and complete God is. My bad day at work? God was there. My hectic, sometimes upside down,  family life? God is there. Health issues, financial struggles, emotional battles, no matter what part of our lives we look at: He is there.

Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. 
I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you;
 I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 TLB

Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt!
 For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
 Joshua 1:9 TLB

Dear Lord, thank You for watching over every aspect of our lives. Thank you for reminding us that You are in the details. Please help us to remember that You have promised to never leave us or give us up (see Deuteronomy 31:6). In Jesus name, amen.

Written by
 Mary M. Wilkins


Love & The Outcome performs "He is With Us"

No comments:

Post a Comment