HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/12/15

Live What You Love...Friday

June 12, 2015

I was shopping two times this past week and both times I almost bought a comfy and fun top that had printed on it “Live What You Love”.  I thought it was a good reminder to me that I need to do that.  That has been my advice and theme to others during this phase of my life.  Well, the end result was that I didn’t buy the top because I came to my senses and realized that I could use the money to do the things that I love rather than walk around with a shirt on only occasionally telling everyone else to do it.   

So my prayer for you all and for myself is to learn to live life with passion.  Find what you love to do and do as much of it as possible.  A friend of mine passed away suddenly last week.  She was only 51 years old.  She used to say all the time….” Be happy, life is too short.  There is no room for drama and negativity in our lives.  We don’t know what will happen tomorrow, so live your life to the fullest”.  And that she did.  She was very good a truly living in the moment and seizing the moments as they come upon us.  Sue would celebrate people and show them how much she loved them.  Unfortunately, Sue and I had a falling out about a year and a half ago.  We never had the chance to make amends to each other.  She had been on my mind over the past month and I now know that God was placing that on my heart to make peace with her.  I feel a bit sad that we didn’t have that opportunity, but, at the same time I also know that it is okay.  God knows what is in our hearts, and I also know that Sue is with Jesus now and is reunited with her mama and daddy living in Paradise.

So, my best advice to myself and all of you is live your life with joy and peace, spending your moments with those you love doing exactly what you love to do.  Don’t allow the troubles of the earth get in the way of friendships and family relationships.  Life is precious and meant to be full of smiles and laughter, honesty and happiness.  Live what you love!!

Oh! Teach us to live well!
    Teach us to live wisely and well!
Come back, God—how long do we have to wait?—
    and treat your servants with kindness for a change.
Surprise us with love at daybreak;
    then we’ll skip and dance all the day long.
Make up for the bad times with some good times;
    we’ve seen enough evil to last a lifetime.
Let your servants see what you’re best at—
    the ways you rule and bless your children.
And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us,
    confirming the work that we do.
    Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!

Psalm 90:12-17
 (MSG)

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns




No comments:

Post a Comment