HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6/20/15

HE WILL CARRY ME... Sunday

Devotional for 6/21/15 Father's Day

We've probably all seen the "Footprints in the Sand" story by Mary Stevenson, where in a dream about life she saw two sets of footprints in the sand when things were going well in her life.  Then suddenly one set disappears and the other moves on alone during the difficult periods of her life.  At first she thought that represented God abandoning her when tough situations arose, but God tells her that was when He was carrying her.

Well, sometimes I think my dream would end something like this:  Then there was a rut with a ridge down the middle next to God's footprints in the sand, and He said "That's when I sat you down on your butt and dragged you through to the other side!" That's what I call "Butt-prints in the Sand" because sometimes I just don't get it, and though God is trying to help me, I continue to feel terrified and fight him all the way through the desert.  But God still never abandons me!  That is what a truly perfect and loving Father does.  He protects us throughout life's perils and carries us through to safety when needed.

Then I said to you, "Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them.  The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert.  There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."  Deuteronomy 1:29-31 (NVIV)

Dear God, my Father in heaven, I thank you for never abandoning me in spite of my times of little faith.  You have carried me through so many trials and yet I still have times when I doubt your presence or desire to help me.  May I never totally turn my back on you.  Give me the faith and courage to hold your hand and move forward confidently through whatever comes my way.  May this gift of faith be a witness to others of your unfailing Fatherly love.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

Written by Jan Andersen

song: He Will Carry Me, by Mark Schultz


1 comment:

  1. God is the ultimate Father. Be sure to thank Him for being your Father. I am thinking in a whimsical way that today is Father's Day for God as well. Our earthly fathers perform the role in many different ways and with varying amounts of success. Try to focus on the good points of your father today, too! Try to honor them and help them to feel special

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete