HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/23/16

Here Is My Heart...Saturday

1/23/16

BEEP-BEEP- BEEP
The alarm sounds off.  I’m thinking…Is it morning already? I pull myself up and swing my legs around to touch the floor.  “Thank you Lord! You blessed me with another day.” Then like the movie “Groundhog Day” there is that song again.   For the past several weeks I wake up singing “Here’s my heart Lord, speak what is true.”  I remember hearing it on the radio a couple of weeks ago but I have not heard it since, only in my mind. As we all know it is a New Year and according to the TV I should join a gym. I have a feeling there is something bigger for me, something more spiritual.

The sermon last week from our pastor was about healing; our bodies, our relationships and of course our hearts. “Is your heart clean, is it pure?”  The week before that it was about change; when the Kingdom of God is here, change will appear. “What needs to change in me? If you are not sure, ask yourself this question, “What breaks your heart? And what are you doing about that thing that breaks your heart? “

The “Here’s my heart” theme continues at my women’s bible study where we dug into the lives of King David and King Solomon.  We can learn a lot about David because “He was a man after God’s own heart” (1 Samuel 13:14) Finally, David’s broken heart and contrite spirit are what brought him the forgiveness of God. King Solomon started out strong but he did not finish that way.   God gave him wisdom and wealth but we read what happens when you don’t seek God with all our heart. A life apart from God is meaningless, even if you are rich, educated and famous. 

This morning a friend sent this random text to me:

The song lyrics say “I am found, I am yours, I am loved, I am pure, I have life, I can breathe, I am healed, I am free.”   Okay Lord, I am listening, it is no longer a soft whisper. 


When I became a Christian I was baptized and served in the church.  I wore a cross around my neck.  Yes I had found joy and was forgiven, God chose me… all of that but there was never an intimate relationship between my heart and soul. Until I read “The Pursuit of God” by A W Tozer. At the end of every chapter was a prayer. This prayer broke my heart:



O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, “Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.” Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus’ name, Amen




I surrender my life to you. I pray for a clean heart.  I pray for freedom from the “old man”. I pray for forgiveness so that I don’t live in the past. I pray that you would truthfully reveal fruitless areas of my life. I pray for godly wisdom.  Here’s my Heart Lord…speak what is truth.

Written by
Shelly Keith

4 comments:

  1. You are speaking for those of us that can't write the thoughts of our minds and the passions of our hearts . Thanks Shelly for the beautiful reminder of the one who loves us and the dance we have with Him .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,Reading your devotion made me realize,that I need to work on my own heart and what I also like the way you said "Ask yourself what hurts your Heart."How can you fix it? I would like to continue reading your blog each week to strengthen my Faith and my Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are excellent comments praising your work Shelly. They speak to the "heart" of the matter. Thank you for accepting my invitation to be a writer in WFM. We are blessed!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are excellent comments praising your work Shelly. They speak to the "heart" of the matter. Thank you for accepting my invitation to be a writer in WFM. We are blessed!

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete