HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/31/16

Message in my Microwave........Monday


Devotional for 2/1/16

For about 24 hours I thought I was losing my mind or just getting overwhelmed with the things I had to do this week. Sometimes the microwave heated and sometimes it did not. Had I pressed start? Did I not set enough time? Oh, it worked this time; I must not have turned it on after all.

During a time when busyness is taken to a new level, with all the challenges of the New Year I didn’t question the microwave, I doubted myself. Of course, I had every intention of staying focused on all the important things: family relationships and friendships, helping those in need, honoring God by my behavior, and counting my blessings. B I admit to feeling a bit stressed. But I was holding on and keeping up. Then my microwave broke.

Have you heard the phrase “We live in a microwave society with microwave expectations”? Do you count on everything being done quickly and being done right? Until yesterday, I thought I was flexible and prepared for things to go wrong. Able to leap delays in a single bound or patiently wait them out without seething inside or tapping my foot in exasperation. Okay, Lord, is this really the time to teach me a lesson with a broken microwave?

Has our instant culture made me impatient with things that take time? I don’t see myself as a ‘have to have it now’ type of person. I’d like to think it’s more likely that in my striving to get things done, I have come to depend on certain tools, like a microwave, to help me. When the microwave first fell silent, I told myself, I can live without it. How little I knew my own routine! Leftovers and a lukewarm cup of tea were the first items to sit unaltered. I was going to have to rethink my dinner plans and boil more water.

Waiting for the tea kettle, I realize I need to stop and smell the roses more often. I hadn’t noticed how often I would take a sip of tea, put the cup down, find it later, microwave it, and take another sip and so on. I can see the need to develop a new pattern. When I make a cup of tea, I will choose to sit down and enjoy it - read my bible, pray, listen, and be at rest even for just 10 minutes.

Thank You, Lord, for a gentle reminder to “be still” and for Your patience with my distractedness.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
Matthew 11:28-30 
(MSG)

 Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
 Psalm 46:10
 (NASB)

Written by
Mary M. Wilkins
 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we over schedule and end up just feeling bad by the inevitable failure it causes. Often we also over schedule ourselves when we are doing things that we rate is work for God. Hope that this devotional by Mary Wilkins will speak to you with inspiration,

    God bless,,,

    ReplyDelete