HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/21/16

Turn Over Your Fear...friday

1/22/16

I have given fear way too much power over my thoughts and actions.  I know that I have done this my whole life, with periods in time not allowing it to have the control.  It is hard to change something when you have done it for so many years.  It is your natural reaction to keep with the same pattern.  God is speaking to me over this past week about letting go of my fear.  The following are some of the ways in which He has chosen throughout this week to teach me about letting go of my fear.

“Fear is that little dark room where negatives are developed.” 
~ Michael Pritchard

“Fear suffocates.  But God breathes life and hope.” 
~ Wendy Blight / First5.org

His timing is so incredible.  He shows and provides all we need.  In the written word, people that cross our paths present opportunities to us in which we don’t wish to partake. However, we have to in order to grow.  It is one of the ways by which we are able to get so much closer to God.  I had to make a phone call about a sensitive work issue to the main corporate person in charge.  I was allowing the fear to control me…until I made it stop.  I opened my bible to search for scriptures on fear, and this is what was placed in front of my eyes to read.

“With God on my side I’m fearless, afraid of no on and nothing.”  
Psalm 27:1

“Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies.  
There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being.  
Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life – 
body and soul – in His hands.”  
Matthew 10:28

“God is there, ready to help.  I’m fearless no matter what. 
Who or what can get to me?”  
Hebrews 13:6

“There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear.  
Since fear is crippling, a fearful life – fear of death, fear of judgment 
– is one not yet fully formed in love.”  
1 John 4:18


So guess what???   
The phone call went great and I felt so much better after making that call.  I gave the fear to God, and He never left my side.  A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders and more love was put in my heart….my heart that is growing more with each milestone of letting go of my controlling nature and putting it back in His most capable hands.  Which in turn allows me to be joyfully guided by His steps not my own.

Written by
Kelly Dobyns



1 comment:

  1. Good research that day, Kelly! You found the source of the words that could give you courage to replace your fear. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete