HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/16

Wisdom to Carry On...Friday

January 15, 2016 

When times become so difficult you are ready to throw in the towel, just remember; in all that we do, we are ultimately doing it for our Lord.  I have had an extremely challenging time with the new position I took over.  I knew it was a mess, but, had no clue it was such a horrid mess of EVERYTHING!!  It is never a good thing when two of the most upper level operations people resign.  

Yesterday I was feeling hopeless and very angry.  I just don’t understand how this could be happening after I finally made a job change after years of fear keeping me in an abusive work environment, and now I am stuck in what appears to be a much worse situation.  I was lower than low yesterday.   I still can feel my blood pressure high, with anger rising very rapidly.  I have to remember that I can only do what I can do.  There have been road blocks to everything I have tried to put into place here….from technology problems, to humans not being responsible or following through.  

As I am fretting on my last nerve, I remember that God is the reason for this season!  I have absolutely no clue where this season will take me, and yesterday I didn’t want to find out; today, however, I am reminded that these humans are just humans….humans will always disappoint and do things according to their own agenda…some good, some bad.  If I stick to my agenda with God as my employer, not forgetting that I am working for Him, then I will be able to move forward through all obstacles.

Whatever you do, work heartily,
as for the Lord and not for men,
 Colossians 3:23     (ESV) 

 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.
  Be not wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7   (ESV)


That is all I can really do.   I can’t control the actions of all these others, all I can do is keep my faith in God, continue to do my job to the best of my ability, looking only to please Him.  He will never disappoint.  Keep my eyes set on the one who matters, not the evil one that continues to throw those stumbling blocks my way with every step that I take, and  I will continually pray for His wisdom and guidance through each situation.


 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, 
who gives generously to all without reproach, 
and it will be given him.
James 1:5   (ESV)

Written by
Kelly Dobyns


1 comment:

  1. Kelly , the words you have written are the words you now stand on . You might be the answer to this companies problems . Do your best ... God is with you and thank him for this new opportunity . Have good boundaries and be clear in your decision making . God bless you .

    ReplyDelete