HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/12/13

Devotional for 3/12/13

Letting Go of Past Mistakes

Have you ever had a memory from your past rise up and remind you of it's existence? Me too. Since these memories almost always point to something I did wrong or foolishly I wanted to deal with them for good. I start by asking the Lord to pleawse forgive me for my part in  the past. Then I speak to the memory and say something like, "No, you are done." When the same thought shows up again I speak to it again, sometimes even out loud, saying, you have no place here. This is not the past go away.

I have heard many bible teachers describe these kinds of recurring thoughts as taunts by the one who hates God's children and seeks to tangle them up with thoughts of who they have been in the past, in hopes of keeping them from maturing into who God has called them to be.

For if you forgive people their trespasses
 [their reckless and willful sins,
 leaving them, letting them go,
 and giving up resentment],
 your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
 Matthew 6:14 AMP

Confess to one another therefore your faults
 (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins)
 and pray [also] for one another,
 that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart].
 The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man
 makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
 James 5:16 AMP
 
 
Dear Lord, please help me to not only forgive others but to forgive myself. May I truly learn how to keep my eyes on You and to resist the reminders of my past. In Jesus name, amen.
 
Written by Mary M. Wilkins
 
A song by Tenth Avenue North: "You Are More" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtcwQwgdsA

No comments:

Post a Comment