HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/31/13

Devotional for 4/1/13

My Real Struggle
 
 
As I was trying to fall back asleep I was praying over my children and some of the challenges they are facing: who should they align their life with, what should they pursue, who should they become: big questions that are a normal part of their time of life. First I was worrying, then I remembered that God was watching over them, and then I would pray. Then another scenario would dart into my mind and the cycle of worry, remember, and pray would begin again.
 
In myself, I want to do or say something that will help! I want to take my years of experience and use them to protect them and give them wisdom. But they are children no longer these young adults perched for take-off, and here I am wanting to double-check their parachutes "just one more time."
 
"Then the Lord reminded me that I can do even better than double-checking all their safety equipment, road maps, life plans, and associations. I can pray.
 
When I want to advise, question, direct, micro-manage, or warn through the phone: I can pray. My young adult's issues aren't something that can simply be solved by me talking. But GOD can do far more than I could ever hope to accomplish. The same God who delivered me from darkness into His glorious light of salvation is more than capable of leading my children!
 
Do not worry.
 Learn to pray about everything.
 Give thanks to God as you ask Him for what you need.
 Philippians 4:6 NLV
 
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
 but against the rulers, against the powers,
 against the world forces of this darkness,
 against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12 NASB 
 
Dear Lord, thank You for the loving reminder of Your faithfulness to me and my loved ones. Thank You for the privilege of praying. For showing me that the  'person' is not who my struggle is with, but the spiritual forces that are working against us. In Jesus name, amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely
    long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.



    My webpage las vegas dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary

    You have hit the nail on the head here. You can speak into the lives of your adult children. Sometimes they will listen, and sometimes they won't. This time of having adult children and budding adults is more difficult than when they were children. We could direct them in those days. In these days the best thing we can do for them is to pray to One who even loves them more than we do, Great write...inspired

    God bless

    ReplyDelete