HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/26/13

Disappointments...Friday

12/26/13

One thing about our lives on earth that is a guarantee is that we will always have disappointment when we have any type of interactions and relationships with human beings.  I have been on a “Jesus High” for a few months now.  Nothing could get me down.  I had energy and a joy that would not stop.  Then, the human factor comes in, a promise from a friend that was not kept, and an expectation from my employer that didn't happen for the first time in my nine plus years of employment with them.  I felt like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation when he didn't get his Christmas bonus; except, I didn't even get the “Jelly of the Month Club”.

Disappointments; a certain constant in this life, it is all about how we react to them, or more accurately, not react.  Yes, I was very discouraged, and even more than that, extremely hurt by both situations.  However, what I did differently this time is not explode with anger, nor did I blame others for ruining my plans.  Even though being hurt, there is nothing that I could do to change either of the situations or the humans involved in them. I went about my life as best I could with what I had, knowing that all will be just perfectly fine in the end.  Just as this prayer has gotten me through many, many bumps in the past and will continue to do so in my future, I hold it in my heart and my head always…as well as the love of God and my knowing that there is never a disappointment when I focus and put my trust in  Him.

The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life  and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr


Kings will be your foster fathers,
    and their queens your nursing mothers.
They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground;
    they will lick the dust at your feet.
Then you will know that I am the Lord;
    those who hope in me will not be disappointed.



Isaiah 49:23
New International Version (NIV)


Written by
Kelly Dobyns

Here is a song by Jeremy Camp....
"Enough"

2 comments:

  1. Living with God and trusting with disappointments and making the best of them is something that helps us to grow into the person God is helping us to bbe.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, another good one! Been there, done that, and, was a person who made promises but failed to keep them for whatever reasons, a painful and discouraging time also. I wonder: does our Lord shake His head over our flimsy efforts to do good when we forget that promise-keeping isn't in our power but in the God of Power and Might? "When will you learn, my daughter - your desire to promise something that might give others hope is not always how I want to help them?" Lord, thank you for reminding me today that You are the God of yesterday, today, and TOMORROW! Thank you for your patient understanding of my heart.

    ReplyDelete