HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/2/13

What Do You Mean I Can't Fix It?...Tuesday

I have been mulling it over for days now. If I call 'relative A' (we'll call her Suzy) and spend some time with her on the phone, I may succeed in laying down some stepping stones of peace. Then if I call 'relative B' (we'll call him Tim) and am upbeat, positive, and encouraging in general...it may be possible for a reconciliation to occur between them before Christmas.

Rehearsing possible conversations in my mind, I hear something. I stop for a moment, and realize the Holy Spirit is speaking to my heart, "Don't interfere." I'm quiet for just a second more and then I begin to explain to God how I am just helping. In my ongoing desire to be understood, even by God who knows everything, I proceed to explain how what I could say, and what I could do, might actually help my loved ones mend their broken relationship.

"You can't fix it," comes through to my heart gently but clearly. I sigh, as my mind begins to give way to my own plans, and starts to accept God's leading. I start to say, "But I love them..." and I hear "I love them more." I nod to myself and God. Sad that I cannot 'make it all better,' I ask God why they won't just talk it out and start over. Why are they stuck here in this brokenness?

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the powers,
against the world forces of this darkness,
against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12 NASB


Lord, what can I do?


Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.
 Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Ephesians 6:18 NLT


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
Dear Lord, thank You for being so gentle with me, and leading me to Your path of truth. Thank You for showing me that although I think I understand my loved ones and what motivates them, there is a spiritual battle that I cannot see. I lift them up to You, Lord, and pray that they will find their peace and their strength in You. And I will not decide what that peace looks like for each of them but leave them both safely in Your hands. In Jesus name, amen.

Listen to Sanctus Real perform "Pray": http://youtu.be/a_J4I4gsvYA

                                                       

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

2 comments:

  1. This is a very important lesson. So often we jump in with what we think will help when God's plan is different. Trust in God is a very important thing in situations like this. Good word.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question of the day: to inter cede or to inter fere. Yikes! What a difference four letters make to the answer! Wow, Thank you, Mary, for reminding me that my loving concern for others is s a joy to the Lord's ears and heart, so yes, I am to intercede -BUT not inter fere with my own plan(s). Ro.8:27 - He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. NASB. -and - God's will may match ours, but "My thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9. High Five to our Lord!

    ReplyDelete