HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/15/13

The Miracle of Christmas...Monday

12/16/13

Matthew 1:18-21

New International Version 

Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about:
His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, 
but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant 
through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband 
was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her 
to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord 
appeared to him in a dream  and said, “Joseph son of David, 
do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, 
and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”


I am simply in awe of the miracle of Jesus’ birth.   There have been many a Christmas that I have not slowed myself down long enough to take in the reality of what it is we are celebrating.  Yes, I have had passing moments of celebration and gratefulness for the season, but, more of stress and worry about doing everything right, and my desire to please everyone.  With the addition of a lack of funds during many of those years there have been days and weeks of high blood pressure, resentments and tears.

This Christmas season I have a great peace within myself.  Along with that peace is a sense of pure joy for the miracle of Christ’s birth. The Son of God was sent to us through the Holy Spirit.  Our Father loved us so much that he sent His son to live among us and save us from ourselves and our sinful nature.  All we have to do is believe and we will have the greatest gift of all, Jesus, which translates to “The Lord Saves”.  What an amazing reason to be so grateful for this season. I know I truly am enjoying the miracle this year, and, with the innocence of a child.  Loving and treasuring each moment, relishing in the sweetness of friends and family that have been placed in my life through the love of my Father above.  For that I say with insurmountable pleasure….Merry Christmas to all!

Isaiah 9:6

New International Version 

For to us a child is born,

    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Written by 
Kelly Dobyns

Here is a song called Child of Peace...
 

3 comments:

  1. It looks as if Kelly has found the formula to be able to rise above all the problems that this season provides to attempt to keep us away from the real reason for the season. Thank you for sharing what you have learned.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reminder of Whose I am! Having received the best Christmas gift - a forever One - you've reminded me that His presence is My Peace! My response to my inner barometer is indeed my indicator of where my focus is located and how to handle the situation. Good one, Kelly! (hmm, I see the word "my" is frequently mentioned - oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you started with the fact that you are, "simply in awe". That is one of my favorite places to be with Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete