HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/19/13

The Gift of Gifts...Friday

12/20/13

The Gift of Gifts


It is the season of gifts.   We are all thinking for the perfect gift at this time of year, what to give to make our loved ones happy.  I love seeing the expressions of the recipient as they are opening their newest surprise.  It warms my heart and makes me smile!

Just imagine how happy God is when he sees us use the gifts he has given to us.  He has chosen gifts for each and every one of us.  Gifts that He knew we would use to bless everyone we cross paths with during our daily journey through life on earth. 

1 Corinthians 7:7

New International Version (NIV)

 I wish that all of you were as I am. 
But each of you has your own gift from God; 
one has this gift, another has that.

One of my gifts is smiling.   For as long as I can remember, if I have not had a smile on my face, people have asked me to smile.  It used to really anger me when someone would tell me that.  I guess because I was such an insecure person, I felt as if something was wrong with me for them to have to tell me to smile.  It wasn’t until a few years ago, that I realized my smile was a gift.  By my greeting someone with a smile and a sincere “How are you”, it can change their day and the smiling gets passed on to another person.  The biggest blessing of all is that this keeps me smiling and wanting to share my happiness with all the persons I meet.  I have noticed lately, more than once, that when I am walking through a store and a stranger will be across the aisle, look over at me and they will get a smile on their face.  It so warms my life to know that the love I feel in my heart is coming out on my face.  Apparently it has become a natural fixture there.  God is so amazing!

Romans 12:6-8

New International Version (NIV)


We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.


Written by
Kelly Dobyns


Here is a song about the greatest gift God gave us...




VERSE 1:
As little children we would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys we knew we'd find
But we never realized a baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

CHORUS:
We are the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

VERSE 2:
As the years went by we learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves and what that means
On a dark and cloudy day a man hung crying in the rain
All because of love
All because of love

CHORUS:
We are the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

BRIDGE:
I finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him, for Him

CHORUS:
We are the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

1 comment:

  1. What a great time to talk about gifts...the perfect Gift that God has given us and the gifts of our personality and talents. Something to ponder on.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete