HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/3/14

Be Still...Tuesday

3/4/14

Today was a very busy one for me. Work stretched into the evening as a month end report needed to be completed. Ah, finished at last, so I thought! I suddenly realized, I still haven’t done a devotional for Tuesday and time is quickly slipping away. Speak to me Lord, give me something to write about. With word doc up and fingers on the keys, I struggled to come up with anything, anything at all. Please God, I need something! Do I write about the seemingly endless winter weather that has been pounding the U.S. from the central states to the Northeast and compare it to cold, unforgiving hearts? Should I talk about living in despair or endless joy? As I sat staring at a white, blank page for what felt like a very long time, a soft, gentle voice whispered somewhere in the back of my mind, “Be Still”.  Oh, how we need to be told every once in a while, be still. It is so easy for us to get caught up in the cares of this world and spend our time worrying about the things that need to be done. We forget to just bask in the love of our God that comes when we wait silently in His presence

There are many scripture verses that teach the importance of just being still and waiting on the Lord.
.

Exodus 14:14 says... 
“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent”.


Psalms 62:5 reads... 
“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, 
for my hope is from him”.



Mark 4:39 reveals...
 “And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea,
 “Peace! Be still!” 
And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm”.

Suddenly I realized, 
my word for this week is to simply take time to just be still and wait on the Lord
Let Him calm the chaos in your mind that is flooded with a whirl wind of thoughts twisted up by a list of things you need to accomplish. Don’t allow your day to become so busy that you forget to spend some quiet time with your Savior and just be still.

Written by
S.G.H.


Song- Be Still My Soul - sung by Selah

 

  
Lyrics...

Be Still My Soul / What a Friend We have
Be still, my soul: The Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain
Be still, my soul: Thy best, Thy heavenly friend
Through stormy ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul:
The waves and winds still know (still know)
His voice who ruled them
While He dwelt below

Musical interlude:
Oh, what peace we often forfeit, oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Be still my soul.

2 comments:

  1. BE STILL! Such a difficult thing to do, but it gives the answer to what we need to know about God and His wishes for us. Show me how to be still, Father!"

    God bless

    ReplyDelete