HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/21/14

I Love Being a Christian...Friday

2/ 21/14 

I am learning day by day, moment by moment how much I love being a Christian.  In so many ways I am constantly opening up more and softening my heart.  It is a challenge at times, because my habits die hard, but, it is such a wonderful feeling to suddenly have a moment of clarity when I realize that I have changed. 

Thanksgiving and Prayer 
 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters,
 and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, 
and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.
2 Thessalonians 1:3
New International Version (NIV)


On Tuesday of this week I had an incident in which I was insulted by my boss; I felt that I was talked down to with his response to my question/suggestion.  I was rather hurt by it and was pretty quiet for the remainder of the day.  (This has been one of my struggles with my current position for quite some time.)  I don’t really believe he is condescending in an intentional way to put me down; it is just who he is, as well as this being our crazy busy and stressful time of the year.  None the less it hurts me to be treated like that.   Well, today, he was having a particularly rough day with interrupts, which he doesn't handle well, and I find myself warming up his lunch for him because it had gotten cold due to a longer than expected appointment with a client, brought his lunch to him with a glass of water when he had a small space of free time, as he was being bombarded with more interruptions, etc.  When I am back at my desk I suddenly realize that I have the love of Jesus motivating me through even the littlest of moments in my life.  In the past, I would have held a grudge for a few days, been overly rude back, made a few smart aleck comments, or perhaps some other charming moves.

The best part of all of this is that it felt so good to be peaceful about the whole situation.  Not holding inside the ugly and unnecessary bitterness.  It was a beautiful moment of knowing that God is always inside of me, loving me as I am able to share His love with every person that I interact with throughout every moment of every day of my life.

 My command is this: 
Love each other as I have loved you
John 15:12
New International Version (NIV)



Written by
Kelly Dobyns

The song for today is "Love" sung by Chris Tomlin


2 comments:

  1. This is a good word. It is so easy to get carried away and to fester when you are feeling insulted. To do so can wreck your attitude for several days and cause you to act out. Reading this I am reminded or the old saying, "To err is human. To forgive is divine."

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. It is an inspirational piece. It reminds me of Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them." It seems, too, that when we pray for those who "challenge us" we begin to see them as God sees them and there are usually some great needs in their lives. Thanks for showing God's unconditional love and bringing heaven to earth.

    ReplyDelete