HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/30/14

My Push to Persevere...Monday

I almost laughed out loud when I read this quote by a famous Christian author:

   "We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

― C. S. Lewis


I was laughing at that last part, I have to turn around and head back to the right path almost every single day. Wow, I must be very progressive! Whether it's in my thought-life (often), my attitude (usually), or my focus (frequently), I catch myself heading down the wrong path, sigh inwardly, and thank God for showing me where I was headed, as I turn myself around.

In spite of my tendency to wander off the path, I want to grow in my faith and trust in God. I want to face each day and each challenge with confidence that God knows what He is doing.

Yet, sometimes it feels too hard; I am too tired; I wonder if anything I do will make any difference. Then someone will ask me how I am doing, expecting to hear a good report. God uses their concern to remind me that I am worth it. I am worth pushing through any resistance inside of myself to do what is best for me.
Dear friends,
God the Father chose you long ago
 and knew you would become his children.
And the Holy Spirit has been at work in your hearts,
cleansing you with the blood of Jesus Christ
and making you to please him.
May God bless you richly and grant you
increasing freedom from all anxiety and fear.
1 Peter 1:2 TLB
Thank You, Lord, for giving me increasing freedom from all anxiety and fear. Thank You for washing me with the blood of Jesus Christ and patiently leading me to Your paths of righteousness. Please help all of us who are tired, to keep pushing through to the good plans You have for us. In Jesus name, amen.
For I know the thoughts and plans
that I have for you, says the Lord,
thoughts and plans for welfare and peace
and not for evil,
to give you hope in your final outcome.
Jeremiah 29:11 AMP
Written by Mary M. Wilkins

Today's song is sung by Calling Glory..."Don't Give Up"



2 comments:

  1. Well one thing for sure, if we find that we are going the wrong direction we need to turn around immediately, before we have gone too far. We must do this over and over until we get it right. That could even be our lifetime path. Good word Mary.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very encouraging writing. To know that we do not walk these paths alone. My U turns are usually accompanied with a sigh as I wonder if there will ever be a time without wrong roads. Ah yes, that time will come. Just keep fighting the good fight. Really enjoy your writings.

    ReplyDelete