HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/18/14

Cleaning Out the Fridge.....Monday

I used to like cleaning out the fridge. I would organize and stack and store leftovers and ingredients, planning how to make the most out of what was there. Sometimes there were good surprises, such as enough meat for a casserole or yummy things about which I had forgotten. Then there were the leftovers turned science experiments wasting valuable space and storage containers.

Now I just look at the tumble of layers in my fridge and think, "I better put that on my list." Maybe by the end of the month or the next time I really go grocery shopping, whichever comes first, I will get this place in order.

Then I realized that the condition of my fridge is not really that different from the condition of my mind. I have lots of things stored in there. Some of them are no longer useful. Some things never should have been put in there in the first place. Some things were bad to start with, but have now grown roots and are going to be tough to remove.

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 ESV

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10 ESV

For as he thinketh within himself, so is he
Proverbs 23:7a ASV
Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that it is more important to clean out what is inside of me than what is in my house. Please give me the wisdom to recognize and remove the garbage and lies in my mind, please reveal to me any condemnation or guilt I am holding onto, then give me the strength to toss the baggage out that I may live in peace. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by
Mary Wilkins
 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder that the mess in me needs more attention than the mess I can see! Thank you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just the perfect reminder that Janet and I needed today. Sometimes we are so bogged down in the physical demands of each day that I forget that our true rest and peace are in Him.

    ReplyDelete