HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/19/14

The Beauty That’s in Store...Tuesday

5/20/14

As I am sitting here, waiting on the Lord to give me an idea for today’s devotional, the rain is coming down, reminding me of the many tears I’ve shed, especially in the past few years. I’ve shed tears for my family, for friends, for lost souls, for the world in general; even for myself. Some of my tears have been tears of joy, but mostly tears of pain. I’m sure that I am not the only one who has shed many tears. You can’t help but feel sorrow whenever you turn on the news, open up a newspaper, or pop onto websites like MSN. There are so many stories of heartache; missing airline, capsized fairy, collapsed mine, child abduction, deadly fires and viruses, etc. The list goes on and on.


It is true that we live in troubling times. God warns us that life would not be easy. However, there are many Scripture verses that speak about hope, peace, and victory.


John 16:33 promises, 
“I have said
 these things to you,
 that in me 
you may have peace. 
In the world you 
will have  tribulation. 
But take heart; 
I have overcome the world.”




Psalms 34: 19 reveals, 
“Many are the afflictions  of the righteous, 
but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”

Isaiah 42:2 states, 
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; 
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, 
and the flame shall not consume you.”

Jesus promises to walk with us during our trials and tribulations, to see us through to the other side.

There is a line from a song sung by Jeremy Camp that is very inspiring. “The beauty that’s in store outweigh life’s sting” Oh, how very true those words are indeed!

Romans 8:18…
”For I consider that the sufferings of this present time 
are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”




Hold on, but not onto the things of this world. Don’t hold onto things that weigh you down (past hurts, present concerns, etc.). Don’t hold onto things that cause you to stumble (anger, fear, jealousy, etc.). Instead, hold onto our Savior’s hand, hold onto His promises, His grace, and His love.  Give your sorrows over to God. We will enter a time of rest with wonders anew. There will be a day with no more tears and no more suffering. Amen! 



Written by 
Storm H.





1 comment:

  1. These words come to mind when I read this devotional. "Eye has not seen, ear has not heard what God has ready for those who love Him. Thank you Storm.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete