HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/4/14

Whose Report Will I Believe....Monday

We have been getting our financial affairs organized. That has meant gathering important documents, printing statements, and looking at our budget. Like many people, money comes in and money steadily goes out. But it is eye opening to see in black and white where we spend our extra dollars. The numbers show that I am doing my best to help the economy by supporting local businesses, ahem, such as Starbucks. I may try to downplay the frequency of my support, but the numbers don't lie.

There are other numbers that don't lie. When the doctor reviews the results of my blood work, they tell me that my health is compromised, the graph that shows my numbers through the years indicates that my condition is getting worse. This report scares me and I am tempted to give up. Why fight if it won't give me even one extra day? Then I remember, we don't get extra days, God has numbered each one:
You saw me before I was born
and scheduled each day of my life
before I began to breathe.
 Every day was recorded in your book!
Psalm 139:15 NLT
What I am going to do, this night, is to lie down in peace and sleep knowing that God is watching over me. I will trust that the Lord who knit me together in my mother's womb (see Psalm 139:13), will take care of me. I will fight the battle in my mind that keeps drawing my eyes off of God and onto all of the what-ifs regarding those numbers.
Consider it a sheer gift, friends,
when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.
You know that under pressure,
your faith-life is forced into the open
and shows its true colors.
So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely.
Let it do its work so you become mature
and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
James 1:2-4 MSG
Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You see and know everything concerning me. Please help me to keep my eyes off of myself. I choose to believe Your good report, because I know Your Word is true, and You will never leave me nor forsake me, for nothing can separate me from Your love. In Jesus name, amen.
 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.
 They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 TLB

Written by
Mary Wilkins


The song for Monday is sung by Building 429

1 comment:

  1. There is an acronym F.R.O.G......

    F.ully
    R.ely
    O.n
    G.od

    This is the best policy!!!!
    AMEN

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete