HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5/29/14

Pit Dwelling...Friday

5/30/14 

I realized today that one reason I am so good at helping others is because when I am helping someone else, I don’t have to focus on helping myself.  I don’t have to look at the pit that I feel like I am stuck in.  I have this pattern of helping others, currently, I have been helping a friend get paperwork organized for  a legal issue he has going on.   Don’t get me wrong….I LOVE helping others, and will continue to do so, as that is a big part of who I am.  What I need to change about how I help or spend time with others is to make sure that I keep focused on myself and keep helping myself with what it is that I need to do to get myself out of my pit.  I get so involved with other people that I forget to take care of myself and my time with God also slips away.  I know in my head what I need to do, but I have been really bad about following through and honoring myself with my goals that I want to set.  

I need to write about this “pit” in which I am stuck.  God doesn’t want me to be feeling so unhappy in my career life and doesn’t like seeing  me so overwhelmed with my thoughts and sorrow about where I am in my life. At this point I stop taking care of myself.  His desire is for me to live this life with joy, not simply existing day by day, and doing the bare minimum to get through each one of them.

What He wants from me are intentional and specific prayers, asking Him to help me figure out which direction that I want to go in.  He already knows what I need, but, I need to know what that is and need to start by writing it down….researching my options, making a plan, setting goals, following my heart.  I know He will lead me once I get serious about focusing on a direction.  I must do my part to stop this pit dwelling.  I am not doing anyone any good and especially myself by slopping around in my pit.  I love life and I know my Father has great plans headed in my direction, I need to be up and out of this pit, so that I don’t miss my boat, plane or train when it is time for me to shine through and start sharing the joy I have in my heart with other pit dwellers or everyone else that needs a hug from a former “Pit Slopper Arounder”.

Praise the Lord and Pray on!!

Psalm 40:1-3
New International Version (NIV)
I waited patiently for the Lord;
 he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
 and put their trust in him.

Written by
Kelly Dobyns






1 comment:

  1. We all have wallowed around in the pit at one time or another. It is not easy to get out of a pit unless we trust God to help us rise up and not get stuck there. He will help and we must take the help and do the work.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete