HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/8/14

Step In and Mentor...Tuesday

9/9/14
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

When I ponder how God centers much of His thinking and action on me… on all of us whom He has created and loves, I find it very difficult to wrap my mind around such patience and love. I believe it, because I have faith in all I have learned.  However, I am painfully aware of the underbelly that is a part of human behavior. People are living amoral lives doing whatever they want to entertain themselves and to acquire whatever they want to possess. They do whatever they think is good in their own eyes. Every night on TV we hear of a murder somewhere in the Bay Area. When will brakes be put on this activity?

Still it is not hopeless. God hears prayers, and prayer changes things. In my opinion, the people who commit the offenses are actually a minority. In this country there is a majority of people who are good…who live their lives primarily according to the precepts that God has given man. (They may not be perfect, but they are earnest in their attempts.) If those people are the majority, why do we hear more about the horrific behaviors of the minority? Why do we have to live in fear of our well-being? Can you imagine what would happen if the majority became visibly active? I do not think that we should keep quiet and settle for the status quo.

You see, God did create us and He did it with an eye to creating us in His image and likeness. We have free will tis true, but He still holds us in His heart and waits for us to be who He created us to be.

Here are the next two verses in Psalm 139 that follow the verses given above.

My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:15-16

Don’t these verses make your heart sing? Doesn’t it bring you the immensity of being created by God. Do you realize the power you have by your creation? Are you willing to step up to the plate by prayers and mentoring people who are at risk to commit unacceptable behavior. Maybe your work will be kingdom work that makes all the difference in eternity.



Dear God…Please take me and use me to stand up for right behaviors and  to model them to others. Help me to remember that many people have no influences that would lead them to an awareness of acceptable behavior. May our activities with hurting and unaware people help them to change how they live. Lord, please guide us to the people you would have us help through You with our influence. Amen.

Written by 
Corinne Mustafa

1 comment:

  1. Prayer. The unseen act of love on behalf of another. Perfectly heard in the heart of the One Who created it.

    Great devotional Corrine.

    ReplyDelete