HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/19/14

PILOT ME... Saturday


Devotional for 9/20/14

"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me." -- Psalm 31:3

     After the death of my beloved Mother, I found a piece of paper on which she had copied a couple of verses of the hymn: "Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me."  So that was one of the hymns we sang at her funeral service.

photo
Jesus Savior Pilot Me, painting by Warner Sallman in 1950

     The hymn speaks about life on earth being a tempestuous sea with many unknown things hidden from our view as we journey on.  How very true.

     We will encounter many obstacles along the way of life.  The only safe way to travel is to know God and rely on His hand to guide us safely through everything.

     Every morning when we begin the day in prayer and God's Word our request should be: "Jesus, Savior, pilot me."

written by Carol Steficek


"Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me"
by Edward Hopper, 1818-1888
  1. Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee:
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
  2. As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will
When Thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
  3. When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee."

Hymn #649 The Lutheran Hymnal  Text: Matthew 8:26   Author: Edward Hopper, 1871    Composer: John Edgar Gould, 1871   Tune: "Pilot"

Contemporary version sung by Robbie Seay Band: 

3 comments:

  1. That's our God, good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lord, for always guiding me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read this post today, I happened to see a bumper sticker which said, "God is my pilot." It really caught my attention. The Holy Spirit must be comforting and reassuring us with this timely word.

    ReplyDelete