HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/20/14

UNJUST SUFFERING... Sunday

Devotional for 9/21/14



Hey God, what's up with this?  I have dedicated my life to you and am trying to do my very best to glorify you in all that I do. Yet, I am suffering at the hands of others.  That doesn't seem very fair.  

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.  Hebrews 6:10 (NIV)  
Hebrews 6:10 (58 kb)

Okay then, please help me understand what is happening and keep me out of harms way.  I am afraid of what else might happen if this continues.  What should I do?

Be merciful to me, my God, for my enemies are in hot pursuit; all day long they press their attack.  My adversaries pursue me all day long; in their pride many are attacking me.  When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?  All day long they twist my words; all their schemes are for my ruin.  They conspire, they lurk, they watch my steps, hoping to take my life.  Psalm 56:1-6 (NIV)

So I need to trust you more?  I guess that is true.  If I am afraid of what might happen, then I am not putting it all in your hands and allowing you to work through it.  What else?

Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:12

Okay, so I guess my little thoughts of "getting even" somehow, pointing out their faults and wrongs, or of giving up and throwing in the towel are not options.  I need to continue living in faith and glorifying you in all my doings.  Keep on keeping on.  Is that it?

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others. Philippians 2:3-4 (NIV) 

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  Colossians 3:13 (NIV)

NO WAY!  You've got to be kidding me!  You mean I have to not only continue doing the next right thing, but I also have to put the best interests of even my enemies above my own?  AND forgive them?  But that's so hard to do!  I can hardly look at some of them without either getting angry or crying, or dwelling on how they are misleading others with their misdeeds.  Sigh... but you are always faithful and forgiving to me...

Okay, I think I understand now.  I can continue to do what is right, and there will still be people who disagree and are not happy with it, and even attack me for it.  I must endure any hardships I suffer because of my faithful service.  I need to trust in you and not be fearful.  All that I do must continue to honor you.  And I must humbly lift those others up in prayer and faithfully serve you, and be ready to forgive them when they repent.  And when I stumble and fail at these things, you continue to forgive me and lift me up again.  Thank you, Lord!

written by Jan Andersen

song: Forever God is Faithful, by Michael W. Smith


5 comments:

  1. Thank you Gos that you are forever faithful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must always remember that I too am not perfect and a sinner, and that God is always able to forgive me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this timely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this inspiring word. I guess when we forgive others it frees them up to change. Thank goodness for God's grace to help us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for you and your husband and your situation, Jan. I think you are on the right track in your thinking. I admire you for your stance on this. God will bless you in the end.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete