HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/2/15

Moving Forward...Friday

July 3, 2015

I know that I worry so much about things and I don’t like change one bit.  I stay in
relationships, jobs, and many other situations that are not going well, only because I am so afraid of the unknown, of what the change will bring.  I just had a telephone interview with a potential employer.  I have wanted this so badly, and then when he called me I froze…I couldn't answer the phone and I let him leave a message.  I was scared to death…but, I knew I had to call him today before 4:30; and so that I would not put it off until Monday, I sent a text to a great friend and also my niece so that I would be accountable.  They both responded with the perfect words that I needed.

So, I called and it went very well.  I think that I babble too much at times and I may be too honest, but, as my great friend Christy said…."You will feel better after you call."  And I do…before the call all I wanted to do was throw up.  I had a great conversation with him for fifty minutes.   Now the rest is in God’s hands.  As long as I do what I need to do to put one foot in front of the other to move forward with what changes I need to make in life and whatever goals I have set for myself, I will do it.  I won’t allow myself to be stopped by fear, because the reality is the simplest thing….TRUST GOD…. just as I have posted on my desk on a post it note.

Trust God and do the next thing!

I haven’t been doing that.  I have been stopping myself from moving forward with everything in my life.  I have held myself back from life by first not trusting God and second, not putting one foot in front of the other.  There is a whole big world out there of adventures and experiences to be had by me.  From this moment forward I promise myself to be better about keeping myself living in a passion filled life.  There will always be times of fear, frustration, uncertainty, sadness, changes and hurtful humans and events…but, as long as we can give it to God and then do the next thing, we will be able to be at peace in our hearts and with ourselves.  I want that!

Straining Toward the Goal

12 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14 (ESV)


Written by
Kelly Dobyns





1 comment:

  1. With God behind us we must be mindful of His support and encouragement. Remember the words in Romans 8:31..."If God is for us who can be against us?" So the deal is to move forward into your God given life.
    Corinne Mustafa

    ReplyDelete