HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/12/15

Your Life, Your Choice......Monday

I was still fuming two days later. What kind of speaker was that? I asked myself. His whole premise was short-sighted and judgmental. It didn't take into account any of the circumstances that occur in people's lives that are not of their own choosing.

I repeated my complaint that evening over dinner to my husband. "Did you agree with what that speaker shared last weekend?" I demanded. He hardly paused his eating as he calmly asked me what I was talking about.

The speaker claimed that "You are in your life, right where you have chosen to be." How can he make such a sweeping statement about people he doesn't even know? My indignation was running under full steam and I could have gone on for quite some time. Just as I was taking my next deep breath my eyes met my husband's thoughtful and peaceful ones. I paused as hope leaped into my heart that my husband had an answer that would reassure me.

Image result for choose contentment images"We make choices every day." Then he described what he was referring to:some choices are moral decisions like to not cheat or steal. Some choices are practical decisions, such as buying a used car instead of a new car in order to stick to our budget. Then he said, "We live a certain way, because certain things are more important to us than others." 

Peace washed over me as I realized that my husband wasn't discontent with our lives. If he could be happy, then I could be happy too. 

My husband took the speaker's words to mean, that we are as happy as we choose to be. Circumstances, money, fame, popularity, or any other measure of success is only important to who we are if we choose to make it important. 

 
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 ESV

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me a friend who hears and sees things differently than I do. Please help me to be as patient with him as he is with me. Please gives us all ears to hear, and hearts to understand the truth that You are revealing to us each day. Please  make our hearts clean from every sin, wrong thinking, and judgmental attitudes. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

This Is The Stuff by Francesca Battistelli








1 comment:

  1. At any time there are things that get us worked up. The "stuff" is different for everyone, but when this happens we end up trying to keep up like the last skater on the skaters' line.That is when a spouse or a good friend can listen to you and share the way they have seen whatever is bothering you. When this happens you hear their take on it and it helps you. God has put such people into your life and sometimes they are His voice to you. I love it when that happens,

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete