HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/3/15

Just be Held...Friday

September 4, 2015


Today, that is about all I can do.  I just need to be held by the Lord.  I know that He is in control, but, today has been a struggle as I was told that I most likely will not have a job after next tax season as they cannot afford me.  I have already been looking as I feared this and I have quite frankly not been happy here for a few years, due to the way I have been treated.  However, the whole conversation was very hurtful and it reinforces to me that really during times of trouble we can truly only count on the Lord.  Humans will always fail us with dishonestly and manipulation to fit their needs.


All I can do today is pray as I do my work to get through the day.  The Lord loves us so much and is always, always here for us.  He is the only one that is truly for us, and He knows exactly what we need.  I am so scared and filled with so much hurt and anxiety right now, because of how this was all handled.  I only have to hold on to the words of the bible.



Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 
Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, 
everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4:6-7
(MSG)

I know in my heart that each moment will get better, as well as I know there is something much better for me out there.  I am holding that in my heart, and I will keep it in my mind to help me to get through each day until then,  even though each day I will have to face these people that have judged me.   Dear Lord, guide me to be more like you, to love these people even though they don’t know the hurt they have caused.  Help me to be an example of you as you are holding me in your arms.  Amen.


Written by
Kelly Dobyns




1 comment:

  1. It is hard to love people who hurt you or who are rude and demeaning to you, but you have a good idea of which direction to head toward, Kelly. Praying for you that the people in your life see you as God sees you and to lighten up.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete