HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/13/15

You Have a Purpose...Tuesday

9/15/15

        And we know what happens to us is working for our good                     
 if we love God and are fitting into His plans.                                                    
                                        Romans 8:28

Some days it just seems as if I go around in circles not knowing whether I am coming or going. On other blessed days I have already planned ahead and go to sleep with my day already planned. On these days I jump up, ready to greet the day. I get on with whatever it is with no problem.

I think part of the problem is that there is so much to do with so little time, so I get scattered. At times like this a list helps me keep focused. I totally agree with the graphic that if I am alive then there is a purpose for my life. It is my job to discover it. Please think about this truth and spend some time pondering its meaning for you.

Sometimes we reach adulthood knowing what we want to do with our lives, and it becomes a straight shot. However, I have heard of many people who end up in their career by falling into it. They could start off with a plan to be a chemist and begin to move in that direction. A summer job finds them working in a camp with developmentally disabled children, and find that they are skilled at relating to the children. They love the work and see that they have a talent for it. Their purpose is found in a serendipity occurrence at what was only a summer job.

Sometimes a career change in mid life brings someone to the real purpose God had for them. When the person thinks about it he or she realizes that every experience leading up to it has been a preparation to reach the wonderful new calling.

In The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren gives a list of five purposes for which we are created...
  • #1: You Were Planned for God's Pleasure (Worship)
  • #2: You Were Formed for God's Family (Fellowship)
  • #3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
  • #4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Ministry)
  • #5: You Were Made for a Mission (Mission)

    Whether you are just starting out or mid way in your work life, you want to be living according to His purposes for you. Rick Warrens list sheds a light that will help you discover if you following the plans He had when He created you. 
Written by
Corinne Mustafa

1 comment:

  1. The post is about God's purpose for us. One thing I know for a fact is that you have to be in His purpose. However, balance is also an important part of following our purpose, and we must be rested and ready to follow it. Without that discouragement results, and I am a bit weary today,

    ReplyDelete