HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/24/15

My Rock...Friday

September 25, 2015

God is my rock, and He works so incredibly well for me.  I am having a hard time staying positive today about my work situation.  It is so hard to face these people with a positive attitude each day, when I know that they have a plan to let me go.  Yes, I was told it would be at the end of next tax season, so most likely in May of next year. However, the way it has been handled, along with the personality of the person calling the shots is not a really a comfortable daily stroll for me currently.

My goal is to make it through this situation one day at a time, with the most positive and happy attitude that I possibly can. I know I can with the love God puts in my path.  Today is a wonderful example.  I am really struggling with bitterness, and when I reach for God….See what fabulous nuggets he shares with me.

 Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on 
and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. 
For such persons loyally in love with God, t
he reward is life and more life.James 1:12 
(MSG) 

He Gets the Last Word
Keep a cool head. Stay alert. 
The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better
 than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. 
You’re not the only ones plunged into these hard times.
 It’s the same with Christians all over the world. 
So keep a firm grip on the faith. 
The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long 
before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ
—eternal and glorious plans they are!
—will have you put together and on your feet for good. 
He gets the last word; yes, he does.
1 Peter 5:10-11
(MSG)

 Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4
(NIV)

Content Whatever the Circumstances
I’m glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you’re again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don’t mean that your help didn’t mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles.
Philippians 4:13-14
 (MSG)

I was feeling quite discouraged with my situation so I decided to go log on to my Twitter account which I have set up with solely inspirational postings.  Well, I love God’s timing.  All of the above scriptures were posted within a few minutes of my logging on.  I also saw this amazing post that I so needed to see:

       Your value doesn't decrease based upon
 someone’s inability to see your worth.”

The above quote was the perfect statement for me during this time as well.  I have been critically judged because my thinking is not inline with theirs, which has made me question my value and confidence.  I realized a few weeks ago, that I have allowed them to do that to me.  I am a Daughter of the Most High King, and I am of great value in so many ways.  These people may not have been treating me at my true value, but, I know that God has a much better plan for me, in which I will be given respect as well as be valued according to my true worth!  Thank you, my precious God above!!


All of these scriptures, as well as the quote, are so crucial for me to remember, not just during this season of additional challenge, but throughout every day of my life.  God is always there, always loves and will never let me down.  He is holding me higher than I can even imagine.  There truly is nothing I can’t do when I have God on my side!!

The same is true for you. Take heart!

Written by Kelly Dobyns

1 comment:

  1. When we are in a time of challenge and sadness about life, about and career the only "Rock" we have is God. We need to remember to lay our sorrows, remember to lay our disappointments and challenges at His feet.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete