HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/12/14

How to Change.....Monday

As I step off the scale, I consider all the steps I can take to work off those extra pounds before I need to buy new clothes. There are many helpful tools and tricks that I can use to help me change.


  • Make a list/schedule
  • Commit yourself to a group 
  • of friends for accountability
  • Determine in your mind
  • Will-Power, Don't let yourself off the hook



This is a lovely list and the tools have been shown to help people start doing things they want to incorporate into their lives or out of their lives. But these tools can only take us so far. I know this from personal experience, I started making New Year's resolutions at age 9. More importantly, scripture reveals our true nature:


"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful,
    a puzzle that no one can figure out.
But I, God, search the heart
    and examine the mind.
I get to the heart of the human.
    I get to the root of things.
I treat them as they really are,
    not as they pretend to be.”
Jeremiah 17:9-10 MSG


Real, long-lasting change must flow out of the depths of who we are. Only God can change a person's heart.

"I’ll give you a new heart.
I’ll put a new spirit in you.
I’ll cut out your stone heart
and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart.
 Then you’ll obey my statutes
 and be careful to obey my commands.
You’ll be my people! I’ll be your God!"
Ezekiel 11:19 MSG

Dear Lord, I know You are more concerned with the attitudes in my heart, than the extra inches around my waist. Please help me to focus on loving others, and expressing that love in a way that is a blessing to the recipient and not a burden. Please change my heart, Lord, to be more like You. In Jesus name, amen.

Click here to enjoy Hillsong United perform "Change My Heart Oh God":
http://youtu.be/DwudqCO7mSQ


Written by Mary M. Wilkins 

1 comment:

  1. This writing has some concepts in it that were in our church message this morning. God is always here close and takes care of things. By ourselves we cannot accomplish much. How freeing is that. Liked your writing Mary.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete