HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/27/14

You Raise Me Up...Tuesday

1/28/14

I don’t believe that I am the only one who feels this way, but oftentimes I think that happiness for me is meant to be short lived. I know the truth; God wants me to be happy. He wants me to experience unlimited joy. He wants all of His children to be free from worry, heartache, and pain. However, it seems like every time I start to feel happy something comes along that robs me of my happiness. There is always something or someone who knocks the wind out of my sail. I am left feeling very weary. We are definitely living in the last days. The enemy is working overtime to destroy homes, to destroy lives, and to steal souls. Satan wants us to be overwhelmed, to feel defeated, and to give up the good fight.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 reads, 
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 
For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, 
abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 
heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, 
brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, l
overs of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having 
the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.”

Phew, it’s no wonder why true followers of Christ are troubled and feel weary.
The good news is this….

We do not have to fight the battle alone. As Christians, we should be ready and willing to step up to the plate when a brother or sister begins to feel defeated. We should cover them with words of encouragement and prayer. If you wonder if something is wrong with someone, you are probably right. The Holy Spirit is probably talking to you. Go to that person and be a shoulder to lean on, without judgment.

Most importantly, remember, if God is for us who can be against us? The Creator Himself is ready, willing, and able to give us what we need during times of trials and tribulations. He helps us fight the battles. He desires for us to be victorious. When we are feeling weary, He gives us strength and whatever we need to carry on and finish the race. All we need to do is ask and believe. Jesus said that if we have faith like the grain of a mustard seed we can move mountains. When you’ve done all that you can do be still and wait upon the Lord.



Isaiah 40:31 reads, 
But they who wait for the Lord 
shall renew their strength; 
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
 they shall run and not be weary; 
they shall walk and not faint.”


Written by
S.G.H. 
The Song – You Raise Me Up- by Selah


When I am down and oh, my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until You come and sit awhile with me
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on Your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on Your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
There is no life, no life without its hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But when You come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
(You raise me up, I can stand on mountains)
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
(Walk on stormy seas)

And I am strong when I am on Your shoulders
Oh, you raise me up to more than I can be
You raise me up to more than I can be

2 comments:

  1. The most important thing that we should keep in mind is the scripture that says...If God is for you who can be against you. How true that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post! I have felt so many times, and currently so, feel like I am afraid to be happy because nothing ever works out for me. I know that is not true, as I have been blessed with so many things and God has got me through so many times that I sure couldn't have gone through on my own. It is wonderful to know that I am not alone in those feelings of despair or fear of being happy and excited. Thanks so much for reminding me that He does raise me up and I am never alone. With God for me and you and everyone...Who can be against us!! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete