HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/18/14

LIFE SUNDAY

Devotional for 1/19/14


WORLDWIDE, 

  83 abortions are performed every minute… 
     5,000 every hour… 
        120,000 every day… 
             43,800,000 every year… 

The third Sunday of January is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, the closest Sunday to the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v Wade which occurred on January 22nd, 1973.  This is a Sunday to honor all life, especially the weakest among us, whether it be an infant in the womb or a dying elderly person.

There is a great debate in our society as to whether the life in the womb is a person, deserving of all the rights and protections of a person already born. That leads to the arguments of whether a pregnant woman can be allowed to choose to terminate that pregnancy, or put from the other side of the coin, whether government can force a woman to make a choice about her own body that she does not want.  When does life begin?  At what stage can a premature infant survive?  At what week of gestation can the unborn infant feel pain and therefore silently scream out in torment while being aborted? Even among Christians this debate goes on.  It seems there is no middle ground for most people.  But for me, there is no doubt what God's word says in the Bible.

All human life is sacred.  God knows us before we are born.  He forms us in the womb and knows our name, and calls us to be his witnesses.

Isaiah 49:1, 5 ... Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name... he who formed me in the womb to be his servant...

If it is not right to end the life of a living human being, it cannot be right to end the life of a baby in the womb whom God formed and already knows.  But even for those who have chosen abortion, God is merciful if they turn to him.  We must deal lovingly with the women struggling with these decisions.  The following video has a wonderful narration with several Bible verses first (which I listed below) and then a beautiful song, God Knew Your Name.  Enjoy!




Psalm 51:5  Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Psalm 139:13-16  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Jeremiah 1:5a Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.
 Psalm 139:13-14 (37 kb)
Written by Jan Andersen

2 comments:

  1. This entire writing about the importance of human life is very touching. Because God knit us and knew our name we are his chosen throught our life from the womb to our entrance into heaven.

    I love the way this was presented, Jan.
    god bless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one reads this it breaks your heart to know that this has been the scar on America for so long and so many little ones went to be with Jesus before their time..is it any wonder why America is in the state it is...thank God one day this indeed will stop..

    ReplyDelete