HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/30/14

I Have Been Redeemed!...Frirday

1/31/14
  
I have been hearing the song “Redeemed” by Big Daddy Weave for some time now and have always liked it; just the title of the song is a huge statement, which always would catch my attention even though I would seem to miss the rest of the words to the song.  I would be hearing the bits of this song more and more it seemed, finally whilst listening to KLOVE at my desk I was able to actually listen to the complete song and hear the words.  I fell in love!  I could so feel this song in my heart.  It is like it was written for me.  In reality it WAS written for me and for you and for all of us sinners that God loves so much that He saved us from ourselves. 

 He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit,

    and my life shall look upon the light.’ 

Job 33:28

English Standard Version (ESV)

 

Listening to the words of the song hit home with me on so many levels…

 

“Seems like all I could see was the struggle”

I have been blinded during a struggle and I literally can’t see past it.

 

Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past, bound up by shackles from all of my failures”

I have spent so many countless hours questioning my decisions of the past, feeling I have done things so wrong, telling myself that I have made so many mistakes.

 

“All my life I have been called unworthy, Named by the voice of my shame and regret”, 

I have committed so many sins, and how can I be worthy?  How can He love me?  All I have been is a great sinner that has turned my back on Him over and over again.


Then I listen to these words…..  


“Daughter stop fighting the fight that’s already been won”...... “But, when I hear you whisper “child lift up your head” I remember Oh God you’re not done with me yet.”…. “I’ve got a new name, a new life I’m not the same and a hope that will carry me home.”









“I am redeemed, you set me free
So, I’ll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain
Cause I’m not who I used to be
I am redeemed…..I’m redeemed”





I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
    your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
    for I have redeemed you.”
 Isaiah 44:22
New International Version (NIV) 

I have been playing this song all week long…and whilst driving alone in my vehicle, repeating it over and over at a decibel that many would find unacceptable.  But, you know what that is okay with me, because I am REDEEMED!   Since I have found and treasured the words to this song, I have walked a bit lighter, smiled a bit more, and been able to feel a lighter heart over this last week.  How could I not be happy that my Father loves me so much, and I must love myself also, as He loves me, all of me!  I have the greatest forgiveness of all, and with that I will remember to forgive myself.  It doesn’t matter what the past looks like, my future is beautiful with Sonshine through all my days.

In him we have redemption through his blood,

 the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Ephesians 1:7

New International Version (NIV)

Written by 
Kelly Dobyns

Please enjoy this song





1 comment:

  1. Many times we loose sight of the fact that no matter what we have done we are forgiven. We would save ourselves a lot of pain if we would only keep this in mind and remember it.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete