HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/16/15

Acceptance...Friday

April 17, 2015

  Therefore, accept one another, 
just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.
Romans 15:7  (NASB)


Acceptance can be such a difficulty for me at times.  The struggle of accepting others, as well as accepting the situations in my life that I am walking through, it really should not be that complicated.  Look at how Christ accepted each and every one of us, so that we may have the glory of God.  He didn't cast any of us away because we didn't walk a perfect walk, or because we got discouraged along the way, or stumbled with our faith as we forget to give it all to Him. 
I struggle the most with accepting others when I see behaviors that are fake or catch them telling lies.  It is so hard for me to show love in return to that.  I have, however, become better at it when I remember that Christ wants me to love everyone. I also know that it gives glory to God when I can remain loving in all situations.  We are all sinners, and we are all loved by God.  Look at what Jesus said about the others as he was being taken to be crucified…

 Jesus prayed, “Father, forgive them; they don’t know what they’re doing.”Dividing up his clothes, they threw dice for them. 

The people stood there staring at Jesus,
and the ringleaders made faces, taunting,
“He saved others. Let’s see him save himself!
The Messiah of God—ha! The Chosen—ha!”

Luke 23:34-35 (MSG)

That is just so incredibly amazing to me!  How Jesus was being tortured and He still prayed for others.  I have come to realize that the people that may act dishonestly or in ways that just don’t make sense to me, maybe they really don’t realize what they are doing.  Maybe that is all they know and can’t see that in themselves.  All I can do is be more like Jesus and pray for them.  I will also pray for myself, that I can be more accepting and give more freely with my prayers so that we can all have the glory of God.
Written by
Kelly Dobyns


2 comments:

  1. On the one hand giving unconditional love and acceptance is doable with just a little difficulty, but on the other hand...when someone has hurt you or injured you...it is very difficult if not impossible for most people. The scripture says how Jesus loved and accepted and forgave even when He was on the cross. Can we be more like Jesus?

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Micah 6:8 taped to my desk at work. I do not always read it, but I always need it!
    "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

    ReplyDelete