HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/9/15

From the Inside Out.....Friday

In theaters now, the movie "Home" by DreamWorks, does a good job of showing how fortunate we are to have the ability to form relationships. In adorable animated fashion the writers tell a story of friendship and facing trials together. I was left hoping that the lesson of turning your heart towards home would stick with all of us. I couldn't help smiling thinking of all of the kids who will possibly cuddle with their own stuffed Boov sometime this year.

Even the most popular and confident people I have known have admitted that they have times of not feeling like they belong. I have known very kind and caring men and women who wondered if they would ever be of value. I remember being at a loss for words that they could have any doubts. 

Intellectually, I know that our life experiences may look very different from the outside in -but from the inside out, the design of our spiritual, mental, and emotional make-up is similar. Yet there are times I am still tempted to feel sorry for myself - convinced I am alone in my confusion, doubts, fears, anger, and grief. But God's Word assures me otherwise:

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.
And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
I Corinthians 10:13 NLT

Dear Lord, please help me to remember that when I am feeling alone - so is someone else. May I be an extension of Your patience and acceptance to each person You bring across my path. In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

Hillsong Chapel performs "From The Inside Out"


1 comment:

  1. This is so right on Mary. When I realized that the outside of a person does not define the inner person and the struggles that the outside would seem to indicate are not even there. Not true. Well stated, my friend.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete