HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/23/15

I Need Him...Friday

April 24 2015 


I need God more than I ever have at this moment.  There is always an adjustment period for me after my busy time at work.  This year I did something different and when faced with four beautiful and glorious days off I did a spontaneous road trip to Las Vegas to visit my son.  I had an amazingly blessed time.  Ever since getting in my vehicle to return home I have pretty much had an emotional wreck. 

Is anyone crying for help? 
God is listening, ready to rescue you.Psalm 34:17
(MSG)

I truly need to focus on that scripture and really believe it!  It has been a roller coast for me over the past few years.  I know part of that is who I have always been….getting discouraged easily.  I have periods of being so good at it and then I think I become complacent and forget to live with God in my pocket.  He is always here with me; I am the one that walks away from Him with my lack of patience and discipline.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; 
he will never leave you
nor forsake you.
 Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged.”

Deuteronomy 31:8
 
(NIV)
So, as I write this I am reminded that He will never fail me, there are times that I can’t even lift myself to where I need to be, however, He will always move my feet for me.  He will always put that smile on my face and keep my mind in the sea of hope to set my goals and carry on through this challenge of life on earth.  I may not have gotten the life that I planned, but, I do have the life that He planned for me and with me allowing Him to keep me afloat on earth, I will surely be filled with the happiness and love that I know that I have.

For the director of music.
Of David. A psalm.


 I waited patiently for the Lord    he turned to me and heard my cry.
 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
    out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet
 on a rock
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the
 Lord
    and put their trust in him.

Psalm 40:1-3 (NIV)



Written by
Kelly Dobyns


2 comments:

  1. It is so edifying to actually contemplate the fact that God is always there and will never fail us. If God is for us than who can be against us?!!!!!!

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God also placed us in the same time and space for a reason. Ask God to direct your steps to those who may have a prayer to share, word of encouragment from their heart, or a big sister-hug for you.
    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

    ReplyDelete