HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/26/15

Turning Thoughts .....Monday

4/27/15

Tapping my foot to the music I sang the first few songs with average interest. Then my mind wandered onto paying some bills, and how was I going to organize everything on my plate for the next few months. Another worship song started but I didn't know the tune so I continued the discussion with myself trying to plan out what else in my life I needed to make sure was covered. 

Then the Pastor joined the worship team on the platform and announced, "Somebody in this sanctuary needs to give praise to God!" Immediately I knew he was talking to me. Yes, he was talking to everyone - because we had all got up this morning and been able to get ourselves to church. A new day of life and the freedom to attend church should not be taken for granted and so we should all thank God for them.

"Dear Lord, I do know I need to thank You and give You all of my praise and worship. There are so many things to thank You for: my health, my strength, my job, my family, and my friends."
Image result for god cares for me images

None of these things are perfect yet they are all gifts from God. All of the details of life that I was allowing my mind to review kept me distracted from one of the key benefits of being in church: that is to put all of the troubles and issues of this world to the side and turn my thoughts to the One who cares for me.


Image result for your word is a light to my feet and a lamp to my path

"This is the day that the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
 Psalm 118:24 AMP

 And now, brothers, as I close this letter,
 let me say this one more thing:
Fix your thoughts on what is true
and good and right. 
Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others.
Think about all you can praise God
 for and be glad about.
 Philippians 4:8 TLB

Dear God, thank You for getting my attention when I am distracted and sending Your Word to set my feet and my mind back on the path of life (see Psalm 119:105). In Jesus name, amen.

Written by Mary M. Wilkins 

"We Fall Down" performed by Chris Tomlin

1 comment:

  1. It is sadly true that when we have issues or things that cause us to worry it is easy to loose our concentration on what is good and eternally important. When we stray mentally we need to bring our thoughts back to the place that they should be.

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete