HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4/22/15

Today I Choose to Be Happy...Thursday

4/23/15



This is a very interesting goal to have for anyone. I had a time a few months ago when I was not feeling healthy and as a result I was not happy. One morning I woke up and laid in my bed awhile realizing that most mornings I woke up and felt like I had nothing to look forward to and was not feeling happy. I would get up and go to the kitchen, make my coffee and drink it with my meds. Sometimes I would read a devotional to my husband and perhaps a chapter of the Bible which we discussed. Some days there were moments that were different...getting together with friends, maybe feeling a moment of success when I accomplished a task. However, things felt kind of a rout behavior, and I felt like I was just trudging through the day.

I realized that something have to give. I knew that my life was often amazing. I thought that I had to develop appreciation of the amazing experiences and friends that I have. The expression, "Today I will choose to be happy," is not an original quote of mine. I had heard it many times, and always thought it to be powerful. Then I would forget it and just plod along as usual. I finally started feeling better, and I began to rethink my thinking. I knew that I had to have a paradigm shift.

I started writing down moments that "floated my boat." I found out that there were a lot of them that had been going unnoticed. There were little things that went unnoticed, but, when I looked at these small accomplishments I became aware of something.  The fact was that my attitude was to blame for my lackluster. 

What I have realized since then is that I never have to feel that there is nothing to look forward to when I wake up. I have been trying to choose daily happiness. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. However, I have come to another paradigm. If I cannot find happiness every minute or every day, I can choose to have joy. Joy is always there no matter the circumstances that might prevent happiness. After all we are saved and the temple where God resides. This is the best reason for joy. So, today I choose to have Joy. 


For because of our faith, he has brought us
 into this place of highest privilege where we now stand,
 and we confidently and joyfully look forward 
to actually becoming all that God has had in mind for us to be.
Romans 5:7

Written by
Corinne Mustafa


1 comment:

  1. Search your life there is happiness there and when pure happiness alludes you there is still joy.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete