HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/4/13

Can I Get An Upgrade?...Monday

Devotional for August 5, 2013

Have you read the funny email about the Husband 1.0 program? It explains that when you discover some features you were not expecting, and some that are missing, it is not possible to go back to Boyfriend 5.0. If you attempt to remove Husband 1.0 so that you can reinstall Boyfriend 5.0, it will not be compatible with your operating system. There is a humorous one about Wife 1.0, also.

One place where we know we can buy an upgrade we will actually receive is in the airline industry. Sorting through some flight reservations, I see an option to upgrade to Economy Plus. For about $100, I can have 5 more inches of space. Not very impressive considering the palm of my hand is 6 inches from fingertip to wrist! But I began to think that sometimes the smallest things can actually give our lives an upgrade.


Such as:
  • a phone call from a friend
  • a handwritten note
  • a personal email
  • a chore done unexpectedly
  • an encouraging word
  • an invitation to spend time together


The cool thing about upgrades like these is that the cost is personal not financial. So, if we choose to do them, we are giving from our hearts. I say "No" out loud to my mind, when the thought occurs to me, why isn't anyone doing that nice thing for me? The truth is, I take the nice things in my life for granted - and forget to be grateful and feel blessed for the little upgrades God has already given me.

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
 Luke 6:31 ESV
Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it.
Love makes up for practically anything.
Be quick to give a meal to the hungry,
a bed to the homeless—cheerfully.
Be generous with the different things God gave you,
passing them around so all get in on it:
if words, let it be God’s words;
if help, let it be God’s hearty help.
That way, God’s bright presence will be evident in everything through Jesus,
and he’ll get all the credit as the One mighty in everything
—encores to the end of time. Oh yes!
I Peter 4:8-11 MSG

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that the little things matter. Please give me eyes to see and recognize all of the upgrades You have so graciously poured into my life. Please help me to love as if my life depended on it. In Your precious Son's name, amen.

Written by 
Mary M. Wilkins

1 comment:

  1. This is clever and good food for thought, Mary. We are always looking for an upgrade so hard that we hardly notice the gifts...upgrades...that God has given us. These upgrades are free of charge and given freely to us because of His unbounded love.
    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete