HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/7/13

Psalm 23...Thursday

8/8/13

Psalm 23 (Kathryn Version)




The Lord God my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack, I have all that I need.  I do not need a thing.






2 You allow me to rest in lush, fresh green meadows; You lead me beside the peaceful, still and restful waters.. You find me quiet pools to drink from.  True to your word, you let me catch my breath.


You refresh and restore my life; You lead me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with You—not for my earning it, but] for Your name’s sake. You always send me in the right direction.   You renew my strength. You guide me along right paths, bringing honor to Your name.


Yes, though I walk through the [deep, darkest, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your trusty rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me and make me feel secure.  I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.


You serve a six course feast in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil; my cup runs over with blessings. You revive my drooping head.

Surely Your beauty, Your goodness, Your mercy, and Your unfailing love shall follow, no not only follow me, but pursue me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days Your house and Your presence shall be my dwelling place.

Blessings,
Kathryn Hanson

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn,

    Your version reminds me of the Amplified Bible. You have added words to enhance the understanding of the scripture. Very well done.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Psalm was my fathers favorite. He said it every day. It is so special to me. Thank you for expanding and giving it yet a deeper meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judi
    My great grandmother taught me this Psalm and I could recite it by heart when I was three.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is refreshment to the soul and a confidence builder in the Shepherd - King David would applaud you, Kathryn! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete