HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/11/13

Save the Date....Monday

Devotional, 8/12/13

Have you ever received a "Save the Date" announcement? They are a brilliant way to let people know that you are making plans for something special that will include them. My daughter has a save the date card inviting her to visit a college. I have one for a friend's wedding. These cards are a helpful tool allowing us to plan ahead for travel and time off.

I started to wonder if  'save the date' cards for other things in life would have been just as helpful. For instance, cute baby son will be afraid of nothing, prepare for high-risk shenanigans, 'save the date' for the ride of your life starting at age 2! Or would I have been more prepared if I had received a note saying, sweet little daughter will have tender heart, 'save the date' for the first of many emotional roller coasters? Husband will be laid off, prepare to provide 150% encouragement, 'save the date' for when you feel like you won't be able to do it.

It's a humorous idea, but I know I would be even more crazy controlling than I already am if I had known what to anticipate. Plus, I needed to learn how to trust God. Being a tad stubborn, I needed to learn little by little as I was facing a challenge, that I was not in it alone. When I got through a struggle to the other side, I would be so grateful. I would praise and thank God for His incredible miracle and provision. But after a while I would forget just how bad and scary it had actually been and my gratitude level would fade also.

But God is faithful when I am not. As soon as another giant is threatening to crush my life or my family, I cry out to God. He hears me. He runs to me. He saves me. Because that's the kind of God He is. He is always with us. He is always watching over His creation. When we cry, He saves our tears, and keeps track of the sorrow and pain that we experience. When we repent, rejoicing occurs in heaven. We may be separated from God in our bodies, but we can stay connected to Him in our hearts and minds.

And surely I am with you always,
to the very end of the age.
 Matthew 28:20b NIV

You’ve kept track of my every toss and turn
    through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger,
    each ache written in your book.
Psalm 56:8 MSG
God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Psalm 46:1-2a NIV
Dear Lord, I am so sorry that it takes storms to remind me of Your incredible love for me. I constantly take back the reins of my life with the belief that I can salvage the broken pieces this time. Yet You remind me that You are in control by faithfully dealing with my storms.  Please help me to remain grateful for each blessing, as I learn to trust you with control each day. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Written by 
Mary Wilkins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here is a song for you to listen to as you are painting God into your day. "You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham. Pleas click on this link...

           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4cYdP1ngw



2 comments:

  1. Your writing is insightful. I guess it would be nice to be able to know what and when we could save the date for whatever we face. Still as you say this would not be entirely desirable. Good thoughts here Mary!
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your way of asking God to help you be grateful. I find myself getting a bit full of myself, because I am sooo good at Thanking God.

    Thank you for reminding me that any good in me comes from God's Perfect Love.

    ReplyDelete