HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8/20/13

"Praying For All Men"...Wednesday

 8/20/13 

Recently the Lord impressed on me the very importance of praying for our leaders that are in authority. It became so very clear to me that I needed to take that nudge from Him very seriously. When prayer for our leaders takes place daily, we all benefit from the fruit of our prayers.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 says, 
"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, 
prayers, intercessions,giving of thanks be made 
for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, 
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life 
in all godliness and reverence. 
For this is good and acceptable
 in the sight of God our Savior, 
who desires all men to be saved and 
to come to the knowledge of the truth."

I know how easy I can get caught up in my own world and focus only on the prayer needs at hand in my own sphere. I now make an intentional effort to pray for all men, knowing that is what God has called me to do. He loves all men and desires that none will perish.

We all as Christians have such a vital part to enter in with fervent prayers for those placed in authority. The Lord has good things in mind for each of us as we do our part as His people. I choose to be obedient and pray as God has called and me and trust the Lord to take care of the rest in which I know that He is faithful.

In His Radical Love, 

Sandy Billingham

3 comments:

  1. Let us all get onto this train and travel to the Lord with prayers and petitions to God to lead and protect our leaders.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding us that we are meant to pray for All men. It is so easy to keep my prayer life small. Time to get my act together. Agaim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great reminder of our responsibility as believers to pray for our leaders...love that verse from 1 Timothy!

    ReplyDelete