HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/1/15

Day One...Monday


3/2/15

I have a wish that I usually send
to someone on their birthday. 
Here it is...
"I hope that your birthday is the first day of the best year of your life."


I like that and find it a blessing to think of a birthday as the first day of the best year of your life so far. It lifts me up to think that this year, no matter how bad or good the previous year has been could be the best year yet. But what if it is filled with disappointments and trials? What then? Can it happen that some of the year is beyond wonderful, but then something terrible happens to stop the pleasant ride you are on? And what about this? Isn't a year a long time to expect a life of complete perfection?

There is hope for you. Don't think in years. Just think the block of time in a day. When you wake up in the morning, do not look backward: look to that day. Thank God for the day and remember His unchanging nature and the promise of this scripture.

"...his compassion never ends. It is only the Lord’s mercies that have kept us 
from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; his loving-kindness begins afresh each day.
                Lamentations 3:22-23
                  (The Living Bible)


Every morning!!! Each day is a new beginning! No looking back and getting bogged down by mistakes and sin that have been repented of already. You start off with a clean slate. The minute you wake up the clock starts ticking. Hop out of bed and feel His faithfulness surround you like a warm hug that represents his mercy and grace.

                                      Father God...
Thank you for the gifts of new mercies and grace that You give me every day. I know that I make mistakes and fall short on a daily basis. Still you are there shining your light on me, giving me a clear and uncluttered day where I can try to be the best I can be because of your faithfulness. Thank you Lord for how you love me and guide me each day.
Amen

Written by
Corinne Mustafa





2 comments:

  1. This is a good song which tells us to let yesterday go and to grasp the blessings of a new day.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Corinne, how timely your blog came just a day after my birthday! I am so thankful for His grace and faithfulness. I prayed the same prayer you wrote and thank the Lord for the many blessings He showered me with. I am looking forward to what this year brings and how He can use me for His kingdom. Love the song from Matthew West too.

    ReplyDelete