HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/18/15

He’s All I Need...Thursday

3/19/15

                                    ...Who could ask for anything more?
Isn’t it funny how things come back to your memory when you weren’t necessarily even thinking in that direction. That’s what happened to me as I was thinking about what I was going to write for this weeks “Devotional” a Christmas memory came floating across my mind.

I remember a Christmas when I was probably about eight or nine years old. Me and my brother always opened our Christmas presents from Santa Claus on Christmas morning. I remember this one particular Christmas morning, Rod and I probably got up real early we were so excited to see what Santy Claus had brought us. It’s still so clear and fresh in my mind….I remember getting a plaid red jacket with a hood with fur around the hood. Rodney and I would tear into our presents like there was no tomorrow.
Mom of course would turn the ole floor heater on real high to warm the living room up…she’d plug in the tree lights that sparkled through the angel hair that was draped across our Christmas Tree from top to bottom.

This one particular Christmas morning though, Mom tried to get my Dad to get out of bed so he could see us kids open our presents from Santa…..but my Dad for what ever reason wouldn’t budge out of his warm covers…..as he was I’m sure snug as a bug in a rug. Mom would walk down the hall to their bedroom and say “Glenn, for Pete Sakes, Get up!” But Dad wouldn’t budge.

It didn’t seem to bother me that Dad wasn’t there to see me and my brother open gifts, because we had Mom, and that’s all that mattered…. Mom was all we needed at that moment. Rod and I screamed with delight at each and every exciting thing that we opened.

My thought now as I’m all grown up (kind of sort of…ha) is that Jesus is all we need. No matter who else is with us, realistically “He” is all we need. There was a chorus that we used to sing in church that simply said:

“He’s all I need, He’s all I need, Jesus is all I need
He’s all I need, He’s all I need, Jesus is all I need.”

Such a simple plain little tune, but oh so heart felt and oh so true….a song that you could close your eyes and pour your heart out to the Lord….singing “Jesus, you’re all I need.”

So if we can at this Christmas season with all the hustle and bustle, our hours stretched with every weekend planned….just remember “Jesus is all we need”

Written by :
Glenna Williamson


1 comment:

  1. There are certain special people in our lives who make us happy just to have them around. It does not matter who else is there when he or she is around. However, the only one we really need is Jesus, and He is always with us.

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete