HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/15/15

Putting Things In Order.....Monday

It's that time of year again: tax season. For some this process is short and sweet. For others it is a time of gathering and organizing. I am part of the extreme end of gathering and organizing due to the fact I use a unique filing system all of my own that I have dubbed "To Be Filed."



As I do everything else on my list to avoid "gather tax documents" including writing this, my satisfaction in getting things done is a little empty. As I lay my head down at night the thought will be at the front of my mind, "I will have to do it tomorrow."


I am always counting on tomorrow. Tomorrow I will call my friend. Tomorrow I will send that card. Tomorrow I will take time to talk with my child. Tomorrow I will spend some quality time with my husband: not talking about the business of life but about any of the other things that brought us together in the first place. 

"How do you know what is going to happen tomorrow?
For the length of your lives is as uncertain as the morning fog
—now you see it; soon it is gone."
James 4:14 TLB

Scripture tells us, philosophers and teachers remind us, and poets and writers encourage us: that we do not own tomorrow, so do the important things today. 

"Do not boast of [yourself and] tomorrow,
for you know not what a day may bring forth."
Proverbs 27:1 AMP

Dear Lord, thank You for this day and all of the ups and downs that it has included. Please help us to live in the present and to be diligent in the little things day by day. We choose to trust You for everything concerning us. Thank You for Your promise (see Deuteronomy 31:6) that we do not need to be afraid of what we have been given to do, for You are our God and You are with us. In Jesus name, amen.

Matthew West performs "Day One" of the Rest of My Life

Written by Mary M. Wilkins

2 comments:

  1. This is such an important concept. I had an English teacher in high school that I adored and learned a lot from. Sister Vera was in her late 80's when I started to collect copies of poems I had written. The box was about three inches deep and filled to the top. She would have been thrilled to read them. I procrastinated for a couple of years. One day I got a letter saying that she had fallen in the bath tub and had died. I was so heartbroken that I had not sent then to her. No one can count on the tomorrows that they think they might have. It is not a given. Thank you Mary

    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read the 2nd sentence, I knew this was Mary's work! How incredibly timely for all of us - even though I know you peeked into my thoughts and wrote what I would not! And I Love that you quoted James.

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete