HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3/20/15

Peace During My Storm...Friday


 March 20, 2015

I am so busy during this season of work that I don’t take care of myself.  I am truly feeling the brunt of that right now.  Taking note of that I am devoting my devotional today to scriptures of finding and holding onto some much needed peace.


 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
Matthew 11:28-30
The Message (MSG)

Oh, how worn out I have been….The first mistake I made was not taking care of my God, by not taking the time to honor Him.  I have not been taking care of myself either, because I have not been taking my time to talk to my Father and read His word.  I have been so worried about getting everything done on earth that I have forgotten my priorities.  Put my God time first…NOT when I am worn out. 

Jesus answered them, “Do you finally believe? In fact, you’re about to make a run for it—saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I’m not abandoned. The Father is with me. I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! 
I’ve conquered the world.”
John 16:33
The Message (MSG)

An AMEN to that….I must read this daily.  It is such a struggle to see the way things are in the very troubled world these days.  That is one of the things that I have such a hard time with, the personality of some people and the beliefs they push on others.  I must remain the loving Christian example that I am, to show that God loves me and through me I can persevere even with worldly challenges.

“I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. 
So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught. 
John 14:27
The Message (MSG)


He is with me always, what can be more peaceful than that?!  The Lord God is always by my side…never, ever leaving me.  I will survive all storms when I truly walk with Him!!

Written by
Kelly Dobyns








No comments:

Post a Comment