HOW TO MAKE COMMENTS





PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST COMMENTS UNDER THE WRITINGS!

All you need to do is to click on the word COMMENT. You will get a screen to write on. The easiest way to do it is to choose Name/ URL. It is not necessary to post an URL with it.Just give your name. Thanks!

You can also comment easily by checking the Reaction Choices in the blue box at the end of this devotional. >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7/25/13

HOME SWEET HOME...Friday

Devotional...7/26/13

"In my father's house are many rooms; 
if it were not so, I would have told you. 
 I am going there to prepare a place for you.  
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back 
and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." 

John 14:2,3

     Everyone has probably heard two familiar sayings: "Home is where the heart is," and "There is no place like home."  This is so true for all of us.

     I remember after a trip overseas once, flying back on a plane with a number of service men who had been out of the states for some years.  As we neared New York City and could view the Statue of Liberty, I think we all could have jumped out of the plane and kissed the ground in gratitude and appreciation.  Home.

     It is fun to travel but after a vacation I long to get back to my own home with my two cats.  I like my cozy home and my own routine
.
     This is the same feeling Christians should have in relationship to their heavenly Father and His home in heaven.  our lives on earth are temporary.  Jesus is in heaven right now preparing a place for us in His Father's home -- our home!  We have security walking with Jesus now while wandering this wilderness on earth and we enjoy all the blessings of our earthly homes, but we all can anticipate our permanent home with joy and expectation.

     We do not get many details from Scripture about heaven.  But we do know that God gives only the very best.  Since heaven is His home and the resources with which He has prepared it are unlimited, it surely will be beyond our wildest imaginations.

     We're but strangers here on earth.  Heaven is our home!

Written byCarol Lynn Steficek


1 comment:

  1. Oh what wonders we will see..Eye had not seen and ear has not heard what God has ready for those who love him.

    Great write, Carol.
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete